Personal Information We May Collect
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual, such as:
How We May Collect Personal Information
We and our service providers may collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
To the extent permitted by applicable law, the Personal Information you provide through the Sites may be combined with Personal Information and Other Information that you provide to us (via online or offline means), that is publicly available, or that we may otherwise obtain online or offline, including, for example, from providers of demographic and other information, social media platforms and other third parties.
How We May Use Personal Information
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may use Personal Information:
How Personal Information May Be Disclosed
To the extent permitted by applicable law, your Personal Information may be disclosed:
Other Information We May Collect
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity, such as:
We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then, in addition to the uses listed in the “How We May Collect Other Information” section below, we may use and disclose Other Information for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information.
How We May Collect Other Information
We and our third party service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
· Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, service provider, and the name and version of the Sites (such as the App) you are using. We use this information for statistical purposes as well as to ensure that the Sites function properly.
· Through server log files: Your “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer or device that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Sites, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many websites. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Sites usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Sites. Please note that we treat IP Addresses, server log files and related information as Other Information, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law.
· Using Adobe Flash technology (including Flash Local Stored Objects (“Flash LSOs”)) and other similar technologies: We may use Flash LSOs and other technologies to, among other things, collect and store information about your use of the Sites. If you do not want Flash LSOs stored on your computer or device, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash LSO storage using the tools contained using the Website Storage Settings Panel. You can also control Flash LSOs by going to the Global Storage Settings Panel and following the instructions (which may include instructions that explain, for example, how to delete existing Flash LSOs (referred to "information" on the Macromedia site), how to prevent Flash LSOs from being placed on your computer or device without you being asked, and (for Flash Player 8 and later) how to block Flash LSOs that are not being delivered by the operator of the page you are on at the time). Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications, including, potentially, Flash applications used in connection with the Sites or our online content. We expect our service providers and technology suppliers to honor any decision by you to restrict or limit Flash LSOs, but we cannot guarantee that they will do so.
· Using pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs or other similar technologies: These may be used in connection with some Sites pages and HTML-formatted email messages to, among other things, track the actions of Sites users and email recipients, measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about Sites usage and response rates.
· Through your use of an App. When you download and use an App, we and our service providers may track and collect App usage data, such as the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the App based on your device number.
· From you: Information, such as date of birth, gender, personal characteristics, hobbies and interests, consumption habits, zip code and your preferred means of communication, may be collected when you voluntarily provide it. Unless combined with Personal Information, this information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Sites.
· Physical Location: We may collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower or WiFi signals. We may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content, including advertising. We may also share your device’s physical location, combined with information about what advertisements you viewed and other information we collect, with our marketing partners to enable them to provide you with more personalized content, including advertising and to study the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such uses and/or sharing of your device’s location, but if you choose to deny such uses and/or sharing, we and/or our marketing partners may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content.
· By aggregating information: Aggregated Personal Information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Sites (for example, we may use Personal Information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code).
· From your camera: The Sites may include functionality that permits you to use live video streams from your device camera, if you have affirmatively activated the camera for use with the Sites. The functionality may work by identifying your facial features, such as your eyes, nose, mouth, and chin, in the video streams. The functionality does not use facial recognition to uniquely identify a specific face. This functionality is used to provide you with an enhanced interactive experience. We and our service providers do not collect, capture, or record the video-stream information or any information about faces in the video stream—the information stays on your device and is removed when you turn off the browser or app. However, we and our service providers may collect other information about how you use the functionality, such as how often and how long you use it.
In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information (such as combining your name with your zip code). If we combine any Other Information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
THIRD PARTY SITES
We are also not responsible for the collection, usage and disclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, RIM or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including in connection with any Personal Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the Apps or our Social Media Pages.
The Sites may include a link to our Careers section, which contains information on what it's like to work for us and methods for applying for jobs at our offices worldwide. Any Personal Information submitted through this portion of the Sites, or to email addresses listed on this portion of the Sites, will be governed by our Resume/CV Submission Policy http://www.coca-colacompany.com/careers/
THIRD PARTY ADVERTISING-RELATED VENDORS
Please note that our online and email advertising-related vendors may use pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs or other similar technologies in connection with the Sites to help manage our online and email advertising campaigns and strengthen the effectiveness of such campaigns. For example, if a vendor has placed a unique cookie on your computer, the vendor may use pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs or other similar technologies to recognize the cookie during your visit to the Sites and to learn which of our online advertisements may have brought you to our Sites, and the vendor may provide us with such Other Information for our use. Please note we may link such Other Information provided to us by our vendors to Personal Information about you that we have previously collected. Such combined information will be treated as Personal Information hereunder as long as it is so combined.
We may use third-party advertising companies to target advertisements to you on our Sites, across the web, on your mobile device and on any of your other devices, based on the Personal and Other Information we have collected from and about you, as well as information relating to your and other users’ visits to this and other websites and online services. To do so, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through the use of pixel tags) or recognize an identifier associated with your mobile device. These companies may also use these technologies, along with Personal Information and Other Information they or we collect on the different devices you use, to recognize you across the devices you use, such as a mobile device and a laptop or other computer. If you would like more information about these practices, go to www.aboutads.info. To learn about your choices in connection with these practices on the particular device on which you are accessing this policy, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and http://www.aboutads.info/ to opt out in desktop and mobile web browsers. You may download the AppChoices app at www.aboutads.info/appchoices to opt out in mobile apps. You may also click on the informational icon contained within each interest based ad.
We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below (note that physical mail notification will delay the time it takes for us to respond to the problem).
CHOICES AND ACCESS
Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information
We give you choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes.
Please note that changes may not be effective immediately. We will endeavor to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please also note that if you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related messages from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, and you cannot opt-out from receiving administrative messages.
How you can access, change or suppress your Personal Information
To review, correct, update, suppress, delete or otherwise limit our use of your Personal Information that has been previously provided to us, please email, call or write to us using the contact information listed below in the “Contacting Us” section and clearly describe your request.
In your request, please make clear what information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Note that despite our efforts, there may be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed or changed. Further, please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or deletion (e.g., when you make a purchase or enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the Personal Information provided until after the completion of such purchase or promotion).
If you have an account with us, you may make changes and updates on the account profile page by logging into your account through the Site and making such changes. Any changes you make on your account profile page through the Site will be reflected on that same Site; however, it may not be reflected on other sites operated by The Coca-Cola Company on which you may have accounts.
USE OF SITES BY MINORS
The Sites are directed to individuals who are permitted to share their Personal Information without parental consent and we request that other individuals (including individuals under the age of 13) not provide Personal Information through the Sites.
Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or service providers, and by using our Sites you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country.
we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health or medical condition, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Sites or otherwise to us.
1. You may email us at: https://secure.coca-colacompany.com/ssldocs/mail/eQuery_other.shtml
2. You may call us at 1-800-438-2653
3. You may send mail to the following postal mail address:
Industry and Consumer Affairs
The Coca-Cola Company
1 Coca-Cola Plaza
Atlanta, GA 30313
Please note that email communications are not always secure; so please do not include credit card information or sensitive information in your emails to us.
1. WHAT IS A COOKIE AND WHY DO WE USE THEM?
Cookies are small pieces of text. They are provided by most websites and stored by your web browser on the computer, phone, or other device that you are using. Cookies serve many purposes. They can help a website remember your preferences, learn which areas of the website are useful and which areas need improvement, and provide you with targeted advertisements or personalized content. Sometimes, cookies are enabled when pixels are placed on a website. Pixels are also referred to as web beacons, clear gifs, and tags. They enable websites to read and place cookies.
First-party cookies and third-party cookies
Cookies can be first-party or third-party. A first-party cookie is one that you receive directly from The Coca-Cola Company when visiting our Site. A third-party cookie is one that you have received from another party, such as Google or Facebook. We do not control what third parties do on other sites. However, we may work with certain third-party providers such as Google or Facebook to permit their cookies to function through our Site so we can learn more about your web experience on our Site and better personalize our services for you.
Persistent and session cookies
A persistent cookie is a cookie that is stored by the web browser on your device until it expires or you delete it. The expiration of a persistent cookie is determined by the creator of the cookie and can be upon a certain date or after a length of session time has passed. This means that, for the cookie's entire lifespan, its information will be transmitted to the creator’s server every time the user visits the website that it belongs to or another website configured to check for that cookie (such as an advertisement placed on that website). For this reason, persistent cookies are also called “tracking cookies.”
A session cookie is created temporarily on your device for use by a website during your visit. This type of cookie may store information you enter and track your activity within the website. A session cookie is deleted after you leave the website or when the web browser is closed. A good example of a session cookie is the shopping cart on an e-commerce site. The session cookie stores the items that you add to your cart so they are not forgotten while you view products on other pages of the website. Using a session cookie, the items will all be in the cart when you go to the checkout page.
2. HOW DO I MANAGE COOKIES?
Most web browsers let you choose whether to accept cookies. Most also let you delete cookies already set. The choices available, and the mechanism used, will vary from browser to browser. Such browser settings are typically found in the “options”, “tools” or “preferences” menu. You may also consult the browser’s “help” menu. For example:
Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
Cookie settings in Firefox
Cookie settings in Chrome
Cookie settings in Safari
There are online tools available for clearing all cookies left behind by the websites you have visited, such as www.allaboutcookies.org. Usually, deletion of cookies will anonymize the information associated with the pixel and a website will not receive any further associated information.
3. WHAT KIND OF COOKIES DO WE USE?
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These are cookies without which you would not be able to use this Site. For example, Strictly Necessary Cookies adjust the Site data transmitted to match your Internet connection, get you to the secure versions of the Site, and help provide services you specifically request. If you set your browser to block these cookies, some parts of the Site will not work. Strictly Necessary Cookies do not store any Personal Information.
- Performance Cookies: We use these cookies to count visits and traffic sources, to measure and improve Site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. Performance Cookies do not store any Personal Information.
- Functional cookies: These cookies allow the Site to remember choices you make and provide enhanced functionality and more personalized features. Depending on context, Functional Cookies may store certain types of Personal Information as needed to provide functionality.
- Targeting Cookies: Targeting cookies help us manage and display our advertisements, based on your activity on the Site and other sites; this is known as interest-based advertising. Targeting cookies mainly rely on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. We have partnered with the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) to better serve users’ preferences, and by visiting their website at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp, you can learn more about NAI members who deliver tailored online ads and your choices to opt-out of receiving them. Opting out of interest-based advertising does not mean you will no longer see advertising online, but it does mean that the companies from which you opt out will no longer show ads that have been tailored to your interests.
- Social Media Cookies: Social Media Cookies make social sharing easier for you, provide you with tools to connect with the Site, and help us better understand both the audience for the Site and the effectiveness of our social media outreach. These are third-party cookies. Your choices with respect to such cookies are determined by the social media platforms on which you have accounts.
5. CONTACTING US
If you have any further questions, please contact us by email at:
or write to the following address:
Industry and Consumer Affairs
The Coca-Cola Company
1 Coca-Cola Plaza
Atlanta, GA 30313
or call us at:
At Coca-Cola, we take your privacy very seriously, and we never monetize your information; we use it to enhance your experience with opportunities like special promotions and nearby offers.
When it comes to your rights as a consumer, we want to make sure you have everything you need to make informed decisions. You have the right to:
• Know how your personal information is used;
• Access, request and receive the personal information we have collected in a portable manner;
• Object to having your data sold or shared;
• And request that we delete your personal data.
Soon you’ll be able to make requests about your privacy rights. In in the interim, please tap the CONTACT US below to reach out to a Coca-Cola representative or get answers to frequently asked questions.