vitaminwater scroll free for a year contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
1. Eligibility: The vitaminwater scroll free for a year contest (the "Contest") is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States (or the District of Columbia), who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Must have/own and use a smartphone on a daily basis before the start of the Contest. You cannot be required to use a smartphone for work or other commitments. Employees and non-employee workers of The Coca‑Cola Company, Coca‑Cola bottlers, CMGRP, Inc., dba Weber Shandwick, HelloWorld, Inc., and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and agents, and any agencies or other companies involved in the development or execution of the Contest or production or distribution of Contest materials, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such person are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law. THE WINNER OF THIS CONTEST WILL BE OFFERED THE OPPORTUNITY TO BREAK HIS OR HER SMARTPHONE ADDICTION BY REMAINING FREE OF USE OF ANY SMARTPHONE FOR 365 CONSECUTIVE DAYS. THERE WILL BE SEPARATE RULES AND TIMING REGARDING THAT CONTRACT.
2. Sponsor: The Coca‑Cola Company, One Coca‑Cola Plaza, Atlanta, GA 30313.
Administrator: HelloWorld, Inc., 3000 Town Center, Suite 2100, Southfield, MI 48075.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein including consent to a confidential background check to confirm the potential winner’s eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Due to the nature of the prize offered, if a background check reveals that a potential winner has engaged in conduct that could damage the reputation of Sponsor or any of the Released Parties, as determined by Sponsor in its discretion, the potential winner may be disqualified.
4. Timing: The Contest begins on December 11, 2018 at 8:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET"), ends on January 8, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Contest Period"). The applicable social media platform's computer is the official time-keeping device for this Contest.
5. How to Enter: There are 2 ways to enter:
a) Twitter: During the Contest Period, create a Tweet explaining how you would use your year if you took a break from your smartphone and share it on Twitter including the hashtags #NoPhoneforaYear and #contest (your "Submission"). See the judging criteria below for guidance. Your account settings must be set to "unprotected" and/or "public" in order for your Tweets and Submission to be viewable by Sponsor and its agents. In addition, your post(s) with your Submission(s) must remain up through the end of the Contest Period or they will not be considered. Creating a Twitter account is free, but is subject to its terms and conditions (https://twitter.com/tos). If you post updates to or receive updates from www.twitter.com via SMS from your wireless phone, message and data rates may apply. Please consult your wireless-service provider regarding its pricing plans.
b) Instagram: During the Contest Period, create an Instagram post explaining how you would use your year if you took a break from your smartphone and share it on Instagram including the hashtags #NoPhoneforaYear and #contest (your "Submission"). See the judging criteria below for guidance. In order for your Submission to be eligible, your Instagram profile must be public and thus viewable by the Sponsor and its agents. In addition, your post(s) with your Submission(s) must remain up through the end of the Contest Period or they will not be considered. If you do not have the Instagram App, you may download it through the application store on your mobile device. Your post must be consistent with Instagram's terms (http://instagram.com/about/legal/terms/#). Posting on Instagram requires a mobile device and message and data rates may apply.
- The Submission must be your own, original work;
- The Submission must contain a relevant reason/response to the prompt;
- The Submission must conform with any applicable social media platform terms;
- Each Submission should be unique;
- The Submission should remain up on your social media through the end of the Contest Period; and
- The Submission cannot have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind.
- The Submission must not include any private information of a third party such as name, address, phone number, or email address;
- The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement or current or former any celebrity endorsers;
- The Submission must not disparage Sponsor, Administrator or any other person or party;
- The Submission may feature brand names or trademarks owned by Sponsor, which entrant has a limited license to use to create and upload a Submission in this Contest (e.g., vitaminwater, power-c, xxx). Submission MUST NOT reference or mention brands competitive to those of Sponsor or it will be disqualified. Submission should not feature any other brands or trademarks not owned by Sponsor;
- The Submission must not contain material that Sponsor deems to be inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous, or libelous;
- The Submission must not contain material that Sponsor deems to promote bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or to promote discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age; and
- The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where the Submission is created.
By socially sharing your Submission with the Contest hashtags, you agree that it conforms to the Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions, defined above, (collectively, the "Guidelines and Restrictions") and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove your Submission and disqualify you from the Contest if it believes that your Submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible or misdirected Submissions, which are disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Socially sharing a Submission and/or using the Contest hashtags constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable, assignable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Submission in connection with the Contest, in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes without additional compensation. If requested, entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission or any portion thereof.
Limit: Each entrant may submit up to 4 Submissions during the Contest Period regardless of method or combination of methods of entry. Additional Submissions may be disqualified or not scored. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address or social media account. Any attempt by any participant to submit more than the stated number of Submissions by using multiple/different email addresses, social media accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods may void all of that entrant’s Submissions and that entrant may be disqualified from this Contest and any of the Sponsor’s other promotions, or Sponsor may not look at those in excess of the limit. In the event of a dispute as to the owner of any Submission, the authorized account holder of the email address or social media account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address or social media account by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address or for assigning the social media account. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
6. Winner Determination: After the conclusion of the Contest Period, a panel of qualified judges, determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will review and score the Submissions received, and will select the entrant with the highest-scoring Submission from among all eligible Submissions, based on the following criteria:
- Creativity and Originality of Submission (30%);
- presents idea in a fun and unique way
- Cultural or Brand Relevance of Submission (30%);
- fits the brand tonality and persona
- Humor of Submission (30%);
- relates to breaking the monotony for original and outside the lines reasons
- Quality of Submission (10%)
- inclusion of proper grammar and spelling
- inclusion of high-quality photos and/or videos (if photos/videos are included)
The entrant whose Submission received the highest overall score will be deemed the potential Grand Prize winner of this Contest and will be offered the opportunity to enter into the 365 consecutive day smartphone-free contract for the possible prize of up to $100,000. In the event of an exact tie in the scores of 2 or more Submissions, the entrant whose Submission received the highest score in the Creativity and Originality of Submission category, as determined by the qualified judges, will be deemed the potential winner among the tied Submissions. If they remain tied, Sponsor will compare their scores for Humor of Submission. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any potential winner if, in its sole discretion, it finds content on his or her social media pages to be inconsistent with the Sponsor's or the brand's image (for example, if it is in violation of any of the content restrictions above).
7. Winner Requirements: On or around January 22, 2019, the potential winner will be contacted via direct or public message from @vitaminwater on their social media account on Twitter or on Instagram, depending on method of entry. The potential winner will be required to follow the instructions provided in the notification within 5 days to provide their full contact and mailing information, in order to claim the prize and to fulfill any such other requirements as determined by Administrator. The potential Grand Prize winner (or parent/legal guardian if a minor in his or her state of residence) will be required to sign and return to Administrator, within 5 days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, a Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release ("Declaration") (except where prohibited) including agreement to a background check, in order to claim the prize and to fulfill any such other requirements as determined by Administrator. If the potential winner cannot be contacted or fails to take all of the required steps to claim the prize within the stated time period, he/she may be disqualified and forfeit the prize. If a potential winner forfeits a prize, does not pass the background check to Sponsor’s satisfaction, in its sole discretion, or is disqualified for any reason, the prize may be offered and/or awarded to a runner-up, if any, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, based on the scoring process above. Only up to 5 alternate winners may be determined, after which the prize will remain un-awarded and the contract will not be offered to anyone. Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner’s name, city, state, likeness, Submission, and/or prize information in connection with the Contest for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law. Winner accepts and acknowledges that Sponsor shall not be obligated to use the Submission and that Sponsor in its sole discretion shall have the right to refrain from using the Submission. Sponsor and the Released Parties (as defined in Section 11 below) shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor choose to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder. Winner will indemnify Sponsor, Released Parties and any licensee of Sponsor against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms. Sponsor reserves the right not to award a prize or the opportunity for the contract if, in its sole discretion, it determines that it does not have a sufficient number or quality of qualified entries, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
1 GRAND PRIZE: A 1996-era cellular telephone that may be used for communication during the contract time period, including a monthly phone plan accompanying the phone, and the opportunity to enter into a contract not to use a smartphone for 365 consecutive days, all details determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, for the possible opportunity to win up to $100,000. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the tangible portions of this prize: $700 as well as the priceless opportunity to enter into the contract.
CONTRACT: There will be separate rules, timing, and a contract for the scroll-free year that will be provided to the winner of this Contest. He or she will need to agree to the rules and not use (or touch) a smartphone for 365 consecutive days, subject to verification by Sponsor, as well as a lie-detector test at the end of the contract period.
- No smartphone or tablet use, including using another smartphone or tablet that does not belong to you
- Laptops and desktop computers are OK to use
- Voice-activated devices that are NOT smartphones are OK (like google home or amazon echo)
If he or she is determined to have met all of the aspects of the contract, he or she will receive $100,000 and will need to complete the appropriate tax documentation in order to do so. If he or she only lasts for 6 months, but has otherwise met all aspects of the contract, he or she will receive $10,000 and will need to complete the appropriate tax documentation for that prize level.
No substitution, exchange or transfer of prize by winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize or prize component for one of equal or greater value. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
9. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s consent for the Sponsor and its designees to use entrant's name, Submission, likeness, city and state of residence, prize information, video, voice, any comments, testimonials or other feedback related to prize or Contest experience, whether written or oral, for promotional purposes in any media without further consideration.
10. General Conditions: If for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by virus, bugs, worms, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, may corrupt or affect the administration, operation, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, and select a winner or winners, from the entries received prior to the action taken or in other such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other Contest, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Release and Limitations of Liability: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Contest, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless The Coca‑Cola Company, Coca‑Cola bottlers, Twitter, Inc., CMGRP, Inc., dba Weber Shandwick, Instagram, LLC, HelloWorld, Inc., and their respective related companies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective agents and agencies, promotional partners, prize partners, and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or use of the prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing or judging of Submissions; (e) late, lost, or undeliverable mail; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or use or misuse of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
12. Disputes: Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or its associated winner selection and/or notification shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest and Contest Administration, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
14. Winner List: For a winner list, visit http://bit.ly/2ACxjSd. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete at end of Contest.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter, Inc. or Instagram LLC.