Coca-Cola Basketball Sweepstakes at 7-Eleven
1. Eligibility: The Coca-Cola Basketball Sweepstakes at 7-Eleven (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of Arizona, Colorado, Oregon, Utah, Washington and select zip codes in Nevada (see details below) who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry and who have a Coca‑Cola account (each an “Account”) before participating. Employees and non-employee workers, officers, and directors (including immediate family members (spouse, parent, child and sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and members of the same household, whether or not related, of each such person) of The Coca‑Cola Company (“Sponsor”), Coca‑Cola bottlers, the National Collegiate Athletic Association (“NCAA®”), CBS Broadcasting, Inc. (“CBS”), Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. (“Turner”), Merkle, Inc. (“Administrator”), and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents and those prize providers and agencies that are involved in the development or execution of this Sweepstakes or any of its materials, are not eligible to enter or to win any prize in this Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void outside of the listed states/zip codes and where prohibited by law. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Eligible Nevada zip codes are the consecutive numbers 89501 through 89513, as well as 89515, 89519, 89520, 89521, 89523, 89533, 89555, 89557, 89570, 89595, and 89599.
2. Promotion Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 1:00 p.m. Eastern Time ("ET"), February 20, 2020 and ends at 12:59 p.m. ET, April 9, 2020 (the "Promotion Period"). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
3. How to Enter/Play: There are 2 ways to enter/play:
a) Scanning Icon Method of Entry: During the Promotion Period, visit https://us.coca-cola.com/marchmadness/ on your mobile device and follow the links and instructions to log in or create an Account. Locate the sip & scan® icon on packaging of any participating 20 fl. oz, 12-pack, POWERADE or POWERADE Ultra product and scan the sip & scan® icon. Once you have done so, you will receive 1 Sweepstakes entry.
*You may also optionally text 711 to 26739 to receive the Promotion URL. If you request the URL via text messaging, you agree that you are providing Sponsor and Administrator express, written consent for you to receive up to 2 text messages using automated technology in response to your request. Message and data rates apply. Consent is not required to buy goods and services. If you wish to opt out, text STOP to 26739. Text HELP to 26739 if you would like more information.
b) Mail-In Alternate Method of Entry: During the Promotion Period, to enter without sending or receiving any text messages, making a purchase, or scanning an icon, hand print your full name, street address, (no P.O. Boxes), day/evening/cellular phone number (if any), Coca-Cola Account email address, and date of birth on a 3" x 5" piece of paper and mail it in an envelope with proper postage to "Coca-Cola Basketball Sweepstakes at 7-Eleven – Sweeps Entry," P.O. Box 5010, Department 843797, Kalamazoo, MI 49003-5010. You will receive 1 Sweepstakes entry. Limit: 1 entry per stamped envelope. All mail-in entries must be handwritten, postmarked by April 10, 2020, and received by April 17, 2020. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due entries, which will be disqualified.
Limit: Up to 1 Sweepstakes entry per person per day during the Promotion Period, regardless of method or combination of methods of entry. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same Account or email address. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different Accounts, email addresses, identities, registrations or logins, or any other methods will void that participant’s entries and that participant may be disqualified. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, sweepstakes entry services) will void all entries by that entrant. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the Account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
4. Drawing: Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the selection of the potential winner are final and binding. On or about April 21, 2020, Administrator will select the name of the potential winner in a random drawing of all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. The potential winner will be notified by email, mail, or phone and/or via his/her Account. The odds of winning the prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
5. Requirements of Potential Winner: Potential winner must continue to comply with the Official Rules. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winner will be notified by email, mail, or phone and/or via his or her Account on or around the drawing date. The potential winner will be required to sign and return to Administrator, within 5 days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, a Declaration of Compliance, Liability & Publicity Release ("Declaration") in order to claim his/her prize and to fulfill any such other requirements as determined by Administrator. In the event that the potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to complete the Declaration within the required time frame, forfeits the prize, or is disqualified for any reason, Administrator will select an alternate potential winner in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries, up to 3 alternates. If the alternate potential winners are disqualified, the prize will not be awarded. Winner will be contacted about the next steps and future timing of prize fulfillment within 5 – 7 days after confirmation.
1 GRAND PRIZE: A trip for winner and one guest to Indianapolis, IN in April 2021 and the opportunity to the 2021 NCAA® Final Four®. Prize package includes round trip, coach-class air transportation for 2 from a major airport near winner’s home (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion); 4 nights' accommodations at Sponsor's choice of hotel (single room, double occupancy) (April 2 – 6, 2021); round trip ground transportation between airport and hotel and between hotel and games; $500 that may be used for spending money, terms and conditions apply; and tickets for winner and guest to attend the Final Four® and Championship games, seat locations and all details determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Travel must take place on the dates specified by Sponsor and surrounding the 2021 NCAA® Final Four® or winner will forfeit the prize. Winner and guest must travel together and on same itinerary. Travel must be round trip. Sponsor will determine airlines and flight itineraries in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and those set forth by the Sponsor's airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. If trip destination is less than 250 miles from the winner's residence, winner will be provided $200 in spending money for driving expenses in lieu of air transportation. Sponsor is not responsible if any game or any other scheduled event is delayed, postponed, or cancelled for any reason and winner will not be reimbursed. Tickets may be subject to issuer’s standard rain-check policies and procedures. All expenses, travel, and other costs not expressly stated in the package description above are the sole responsibility of winner. If winner is a minor (as determined by his/her state of residence), winner's guest must be winner's parent/legal guardian. If winner’s guest is a minor (as determined by his/her state of residence), winner must be minor’s parent/legal guardian and must complete required paperwork on behalf of minor, as applicable. Travel companion must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of prize documents. Restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, vouchers or certificates will not be replaced. By accepting ticket prize, winner agrees to abide by any terms, conditions and restrictions provided by the ticket. Sponsor is not responsible if winner does not use tickets/badges on days of music festival. Approximate Retail (“ARV”): $8,600. The ARV of travel may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value.
No substitution, exchange, or transfer of prize by winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize or any component for one of equal or greater value. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. All details of all prize are determined by Sponsor and/or prize partner, in their sole discretion. Terms, conditions, and restrictions may apply.
7. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s consent for Sponsor and its designees to use entrant’s name, prize information, likeness, city and state of residence for promotional purposes in any media without further consideration.
8. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but, not limited to, fraud, virus or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) cancel the Sweepstakes and award the prizes in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9. Release and Limitations of Liability: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless The Coca‑Cola Company, Coca‑Cola bottlers, the NCAA®, Turner, CBS, Merkle, Inc., and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, promotional partners, prize partners, agents and agencies, and the officers, directors and employees of them (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, printers or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors or human error; (d) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (e) late, lost, or undeliverable mail; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. If, for any reason, an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another Sweepstakes entry, if it is possible. If the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any prize offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth herein to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant, Administrator, Sponsor and other Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes, or any claim or dispute that has arisen or may arise between you, and any of the Released Parties, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. This arbitration provision shall survive conclusion, modification or termination of the Sweepstakes and suspension, revocation, closure, modification, or amendments to the Official Rules, the Administrator's Mobile Terms and Conditions, and any aspect of the relationship of the parties relating to or arising from participation in the Sweepstakes.
This arbitration provision shall survive conclusion, modification or termination of the Sweepstakes and suspension, revocation, closure, modification, or amendments to the Official Rules, the Administrator's Mobile Terms and Conditions, and any aspect of the relationship of the parties relating to or arising from participation in the Sweepstakes.
11. Winner List: For a winner list, visit http://bit.ly/2sRCGwY. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
12. Sponsor: The Coca-Cola Company, One Coca-Cola Plaza, Atlanta, GA 30313.
Administrator: Merkle, Inc., 3000 Town Center, Suite 2100, Southfield, MI 48075. The NCAA® is neither a Sponsor nor Administrator of this Sweepstakes. NCAA® and Final Four® are registered trademarks of the National Collegiate Athletic Association.