McAlister's Tailgate Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
1. Eligibility: The McAlister’s Tailgate Contest (the "Contest") is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States (or the District of Columbia), who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, non-employee workers and franchisees of The Coca‑Cola Company, Coca‑Cola bottlers, McAlister’s Franchisor SPV, LLC, HelloWorld, Inc., and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and agents, and any agencies or other companies involved in the development or execution of the Contest or production or distribution of Contest materials, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such person are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
2. Sponsor: The Coca‑Cola Company, One Coca‑Cola Plaza, Atlanta, GA 30313.
Administrator: HelloWorld, Inc., 3000 Town Center, Suite 2100, Southfield, MI 48075.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Timing: The Contest begins on September 5, 2018 at 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on October 25, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Contest Period"). The applicable social media platform's computer is the official time-keeping device for this Contest.
5. How to Enter: During the Contest Period, you may visit www.coke.com/tailgate to see all instructions for and rules surrounding this Contest and a gallery of select approved Submissions.
During the Contest Period, you will first need to create wording (for Twitter only) and/or a photo (for Twitter and Instagram) demonstrating your college pride (your "Content"). See judging criteria in Section 6 below and Guidelines and Restrictions for guidance on your Content. Then, during the Contest Period, there are 2 ways to enter:
a) Twitter: Log in to or create your Twitter account. Then, create and Tweet your Content including the hashtag: #McATailgateContest (your "Submission"). Your account settings must be set to "unprotected" and/or "public" in order for your Tweets and Submission to be viewable by Sponsor and its agents. Retweets are not eligible for this Contest. Creating a Twitter account is free, but is subject to its terms and conditions (https://twitter.com/tos). If you post updates to or receive updates from www.twitter.com via SMS from your wireless phone, message and data rates may apply. Please consult your wireless-service provider regarding its pricing plans.
b) Instagram: Log in to or create your Instagram account. Then create and post your Content to your Instagram account including the hashtag: #McATailgateContest (your "Submission"). In order for your Submission to be eligible, your Instagram profile must be public and thus viewable by the Sponsor and its agents. Regrams are not eligible for this Contest. If you do not have the Instagram App, you may download it through the application store on your mobile device. Your post must be consistent with Instagram's terms (http://instagram.com/about/legal/terms/#). Posting on Instagram requires a mobile device and message and data rates may apply.
- The Submission must be your own, original work;
- The Submission must contain relevant Content and the hashtag #McATailgateContest;
- The Submission must conform with any applicable social media platform terms;
- Each Submission should be unique;
- The Submission should remain up on your social media through the end of the Contest Period; and
- The Submission cannot have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind.
- The Submission must not include any private information of a third party such as name, address, phone number, or email address;
- If the Submission contains the image of anyone other than the entrant, entrant must have his or her permission to use the image for purposes of this Contest. No one who is or who appears to be under the age of 18 should appear in the Submission;
- The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement or current or former celebrity endorsers;
- The Submission must not disparage Sponsor, McAlister’s Deli, Administrator or any other person or party;
- The Submission may feature brand names or trademarks owned by Sponsor or McAlister’s Franchisor SPV LLC, which entrant has a limited license to use to create and upload a Submission in this Contest. Submission MUST NOT reference or mention brands competitive to those of Sponsor or McAlister’s Deli or it will be disqualified;
- The Submission must not contain material that Sponsor deems to be inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous, or libelous;
- The Submission must not contain material that Sponsor deems to promote bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or to promote discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age; and
- The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where the Submission is created.
By socially sharing your Submission with the Contest hashtag, you agree that it conforms to the Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions, defined above, (collectively, the "Guidelines and Restrictions") and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove your Submission and disqualify you from the Contest if it believes that your Submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible or misdirected Submissions, which are disqualified at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Socially sharing a Submission and using the Contest hashtag constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor and McAlister’s Franchisor SPV LLC a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable, assignable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Submission in connection with the Contest, in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes without additional compensation. If requested, entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission or any portion thereof.
Limit: Each entrant may submit up to 5 Submissions total during the Contest Period regardless of method or combination of methods of entry. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address or social media account. Any attempt by any participant to submit more than the stated number of Submissions by using multiple/different email addresses, social media accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods may void all of that entrant’s Submissions and that entrant may be disqualified from this Contest and any of the Sponsor’s other promotions, or Sponsor may not look at those in excess of the limit. In the event of a dispute as to the owner of any Submission, the authorized account holder of the email address or social media account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address or social media account by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address or for assigning the social media account. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
6. Winner Determination: After the conclusion of the Contest Period, a panel of qualified judges, determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will review and score the Submissions received during the Contest Period, and will select the 3 entrants with the highest-scoring Submissions from among all eligible Submissions, based on the following criteria:
- Creativity and Originality of Submission (34%);
- Fit to the Contest Theme of “College Pride” of Submission (33%);
- Quality of Submission (33%).
The entrant whose Submissions received the highest overall score will be deemed the potential Grand Prize winner, the next-highest score the potential First Prize winner, and the third highest score, the potential Second Prize winner. In the event of an exact tie in the scores of 2 or more Submissions, the entrant whose Submission received the highest score in the Creativity and Originality of Submission category, as determined by the qualified judges, will be deemed the potential winner among the tied Submissions. If they remain tied, Sponsor will compare their scores for Quality of Submission, followed by the score of Fit to the Contest Theme. If they are still tied, Sponsor may consider which was submitted first in time. Sponsor reserves the right not to choose the advertised number of winners if it determines, in its sole discretion, that it did not receive a sufficient quantity or quality of eligible Submissions. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any potential winner if, in its sole discretion, it finds content on his or her social media pages to be inconsistent with the Sponsor's or the brand's image (for example, if it is in violation of any of the content restrictions above).
7. Winner Requirements: On or around October 30, 2018, the potential Grand Prize winner will be contacted via direct or public message via the social media account used to enter. Potential First and Second Prize winners will be notified similarly after the Grand Prize winner is confirmed. Each potential winner will be required to follow the instructions provided in the notification within 5 days to provide their full contact and mailing information, in order to claim the prize and to fulfill any such other requirements as determined by Administrator. The potential Grand and First Prize winners (or parent/legal guardian if a minor in his or her state of residence) will be required to sign and return to Administrator, within 5 days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, a Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release ("Declaration") (except where prohibited) in order to claim the applicable prize and to fulfill any such other requirements as determined by Administrator. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to complete and return the Declaration or provide other required information within the required time period, forfeits the prize, or is disqualified for any reason, the applicable prize may be offered to a runner-up, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Only up to 3 alternate winners may be determined, after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded. Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner’s name, city, state, likeness, Content, Submission, and/or prize information in connection with the Contest for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law. Each winner accepts and acknowledges that Sponsor shall not be obligated to use the Submission and that Sponsor in its sole discretion shall have the right to refrain from using the Submission. Sponsor and the Released Parties (as defined in Section 11 below) shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor choose to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder. Winner will indemnify Sponsor, Released Parties and any licensee of Sponsor against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms. Sponsor reserves the right to award fewer than the stated number of prizes if, in its sole discretion, it determines that it does not have a sufficient number or quality of qualified entries.
1 GRAND PRIZE: A College Tailgate Experience Package that includes travel for winner and a guest to the designated city for the applicable game (will exclude travel on any holiday weekend); date and location and teams not yet determined at this time (the “Game”). Prize package consists of round trip, coach-class air transportation for 2 from a major airport near winner’s home (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion); 2 nights' accommodations at Sponsor's choice of hotel (single room, double occupancy); 2 tickets to the Game (seat locations to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion); a tent (winner can choose team logo); a corn hole set (winner can choose team logo); 4 tailgating chairs; a mini grill; a cooler: a $500 McAlister’s Deli gift card that may be used toward catering, terms and conditions apply; and travel agent services. Winner and guest must travel together on same itinerary. Winner must complete the trip on the dates specified by Sponsor and surrounding the Game or prize will be forfeited. Travel must be round trip. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and those set forth by the Sponsor's airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. If trip destination is less than 250 miles from the winner's residence, winner will be provided $200 in spending money for driving expenses in lieu of air transportation. Sponsor is not responsible if Game or any other scheduled event is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason and winner will not be reimbursed. Tickets may be subject to issuer’s standard rain-check policies and procedures. All expenses, travel, and other costs not expressly stated in the package description above are the sole responsibility of winner. If winner is a minor (as determined by his/her state of residence), winner's guest must be winner's parent/legal guardian. If winner’s guest is a minor (as determined by his/her state of residence), winner must be minor’s parent/legal guardian and must complete required paperwork on behalf of minor, as applicable. Travel companion must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of prize documents. Restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, vouchers or certificates will not be replaced. If applicable, by accepting ticket prize, winner agrees to abide by any terms, conditions and restrictions provided by the ticket. Sponsor is not responsible if winner does not use ticket on day of Game. All prize details determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $10,050. The ARV of travel may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value.
1 FIRST PRIZE: A tailgating gift pack that includes a tent (winner can choose team logo); a t-shirt; a hat, a tumbler; a McAlister’s Deli t-shirt; and a $250 McAlister’s Deli gift card that may be used toward catering, terms and conditions apply. ARV: $600.
1 SECOND PRIZE: A $100 McAlister’s Deli gift card that may be used toward catering, terms and conditions apply. ARV: $100.
For All Prizes: No substitution, exchange or transfer of prize by any winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize or prize component for one of equal or greater value. Each winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Limit: 1 prize per person.
9. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s consent for the Sponsor and its designees to use entrant's name, Submission, Content, likeness, city and state of residence, prize information, video, voice, any comments, testimonials or other feedback related to prize or Contest experience, whether written or oral, for promotional purposes in any media without further consideration.
10. General Conditions: If for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by virus, bugs, worms, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, may corrupt or affect the administration, operation, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, and select a winner or winners, from the entries received prior to the action taken or in other such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other Contest, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Release and Limitations of Liability: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Contest, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless The Coca‑Cola Company, Coca‑Cola bottlers, McAlister’s Franchisor SPV LLC, Twitter, Inc., Instagram, LLC, HelloWorld, Inc., and their respective related companies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, franchisees, and their respective agents and agencies, promotional partners, prize partners, and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or use of the prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing or judging of Submissions; (e) late, lost, or undeliverable mail; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or use or misuse of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
12. Disputes: Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or its associated winner selection and/or notification shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest and Contest Administration, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
14. Winner List: For a winner list, visit http://bit.ly/2n6lnSs. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete at end of Contest.