Coca-Cola "Share Your Service Story" Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
1. Eligibility: The Coca-Cola "Share Your Service Story" Contest (the "Contest") is open only to authorized Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA) Commissary patrons, and Army Air Force Exchange Service (AAFES), Navy Exchange Service Command (NEXCOM), Marine Corps Exchange (MCX) (each an “Exchange”) patrons, including active duty U.S. military personnel and retirees, members of the Reserve and National Guard, and their families. Patrons may be currently living in the United States or overseas on a U.S. base where there is access to a Commissary or Exchange but must be at least thirteen (13) years old at the time of entry. Employees and non-employee workers of The Coca‑Cola Company, Coca‑Cola bottlers, Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA), Móndelez Global, LLC, HelloWorld, Inc., Commissaries, Exchanges, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and agents, and any agencies or other companies involved in the development or execution of the Contest or production or distribution of Contest materials, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such person are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws of the United States and regulations and is void where prohibited. EACH POTENTIAL WINNER WILL BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE PROOF OF ELIGIBILITY, MOST LIKELY A MILITARY ID NUMBER OR OTHER DOCUMENTATION FOR SELF OR FAMILY MEMBER, BEFORE HE OR SHE WILL BE CONFIRMED AS A WINNER.
2. Sponsor: The Coca‑Cola Company, One Coca‑Cola Plaza, Atlanta, GA 30313.
Administrator: HelloWorld, Inc., 3000 Town Center, Suite 2100, Southfield, MI 48075.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Timing: The Contest begins on January 31, 2019 at 1:00 p.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on February 28, 2019 at 12:59 p.m. ET (the "Contest Period"). The applicable social media platform's computer is the official time-keeping device for this Contest.
5. How to Enter: There are 2 ways to enter, if you are eligible to participate:
a) Twitter: During the Contest Period, create a Tweet including a photo or video (maximum 2 minutes in length) telling a little of “your service story” or the service story of one of your relatives and share it on Twitter including the hashtag #ShareYourServiceStoryContest (your "Submission"). See the judging criteria below for guidance. Your account settings must be set to "unprotected" and/or "public" in order for your Tweets and Submission to be viewable by Sponsor and its agents. In addition, your post(s) with your Submission(s) must remain up through the end of the Contest Period or they will not be considered. Creating a Twitter account is free, but is subject to its terms and conditions (https://twitter.com/tos). If you post updates to or receive updates from www.twitter.com via SMS from your wireless phone, message and data rates may apply. Please consult your wireless-service provider regarding its pricing plans.
b) Instagram: During the Contest Period, create an Instagram post including a photo or video (maximum 2 minutes in length) telling a little of “your service story” or the service story of one of your relatives and share it on Instagram including the hashtag #ShareYourServiceStoryContest (your "Submission"). See the judging criteria below for guidance. In order for your Submission to be eligible, your Instagram profile must be public and thus viewable by the Sponsor and its agents. In addition, your post(s) with your Submission(s) must remain up through the end of the Contest Period or they will not be considered. If you do not have the Instagram App, you may download it through the application store on your mobile device. Your post must be consistent with Instagram's terms (http://instagram.com/about/legal/terms/#). Posting on Instagram requires a mobile device and message and data rates may apply.
- The Submission must be your own, original work;
- The Submission must be true and accurate;
- The Submission must contain a relevant reason/response to the prompt and either a photo or a video;
- If anyone other than the entrant appears in the Submission photo or video, that person must be entrant’s family member and entrant must have permission to use image, voice, etc. for purposes of this Contest. If the subject is deceased, entrant should request permission from other family members, if possible;
- If any person who is under 18 appears in the Submission photo or video, entrant must be minor’s parent or legal guardian or grandparent, (or sibling, with permission of parent/guardian);
- The Submission must conform with any applicable social media platform terms;
- Each Submission should be unique;
- The Submission should remain up on your social media through the end of the Contest Period; and
- The Submission cannot have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind.
- The Submission must not include any private information of a third party such as address, phone number, or email address;
- The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement or current or former any celebrity endorsers;
- The Submission must not disparage Sponsor, Administrator or any other person or party;
- The Submission may feature brand names or trademarks owned by Sponsor, which entrant has a limited license to use to create and upload a Submission in this Contest. Submission MUST NOT reference or mention brands competitive to those of Sponsor or it will be disqualified. Submission must not feature any other brands or trademarks not owned by Sponsor;
- The Submission must not contain material that Sponsor deems to be inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous, or libelous;
- The Submission must not contain material that Sponsor deems to promote bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or to promote discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age; and
- The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where the Submission is created.
By socially sharing your Submission with the Contest hashtag, you agree that it conforms to the Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions, defined above, (collectively, the "Guidelines and Restrictions") and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove your Submission and disqualify you from the Contest if it believes that your Submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible or misdirected Submissions, which are disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Socially sharing a Submission and/or using the Contest hashtag constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable, assignable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Submission in connection with the Contest, in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes without additional compensation. If requested, entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission or any portion thereof.
Limit: Each entrant may submit up to 1 Submission during the Contest Period regardless of method or combination of methods of entry. Additional Submissions may be disqualified or not scored. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address or social media account. Any attempt by any participant to submit more than the stated number of Submissions by using multiple/different email addresses, social media accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods may void all of that entrant’s Submissions and that entrant may be disqualified from this Contest and any of the Sponsor’s other promotions, or Sponsor may not look at those in excess of the limit. In the event of a dispute as to the owner of any Submission, the authorized account holder of the email address or social media account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address or social media account by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address or for assigning the social media account. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
6. Winner Determination: After the conclusion of the Contest Period, a panel of qualified judges, determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will review and score the Submissions received, and will select the entrant with the highest-scoring Submission from among all eligible Submissions, based on the following criteria:
- Heartwarming Nature of Submission (30%);
- Authentic Feel of Story Details in Submission (30%);
- Creativity and Originality of Submission (30%);
- Quality of Submission including grammar, spelling, and quality of photo or video (10%)
The entrant whose Submission received the highest overall score will be deemed the potential Grand Prize winner of this Contest and the 3 entrants whose Submissions received the 3 next-highest scores will be deemed the potential First Prize winners. In the event of an exact tie in the scores of 2 or more Submissions, the entrant whose Submission received the highest score in the Heartwarming Nature of Submission category, as determined by the qualified judges, will be deemed the potential winner among the tied Submissions. If they remain tied, Sponsor will compare their scores for Authentic Feel of Story Details of Submission. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any potential winner if, in its sole discretion, it finds content on his or her social media pages to be inconsistent with the Sponsor's or the brand's image (for example, if it is in violation of any of the content restrictions above).
7. Winner Requirements: On or around April 1, 2019, the potential Grand Prize winner will be contacted via direct or public message from Sponsor or Administrator on their social media account on Twitter or on Instagram, depending on method of entry. Each potential winner of any prize will be required to follow the instructions provided in the notification to claim the prize within 10 days or forfeit the prize. Steps will include providing proof of eligibility, including a military ID number and/or DeCA, AAFES, NEXCOM or MCX account as well as logging into or creating a Coca‑Cola Account (which is free), linking it to his or her social handle(s), and claiming the prize via his or her Coca-Cola Account. He or she may also be required to provide their full contact and mailing information, in order to claim the prize and to fulfill any such other requirements as determined by Sponsor and Administrator. After the Grand Prize winner is confirmed, sometime in mid-April, Sponsor or Administrator will contact the potential First Prize winners in the manner specified above. Each potential Grand or First Prize winner (or parent/legal guardian if a minor in his or her state of residence) will be required to sign and return to Administrator, within 5 days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, a Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release ("Declaration") (except where prohibited) in order to claim the prize and to fulfill any such other requirements as determined by Administrator. If any potential winner cannot be contacted or fails to take all of the required steps to claim the prize within the stated time period, he/she may be disqualified and forfeit the applicable prize. If a potential winner forfeits a prize, or is disqualified for any reason, the prize may be offered and/or awarded to a runner-up, if any, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, based on the scoring process above. Only up to 3 alternate winners may be determined, after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded. Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner’s name, city, state, likeness, Submission, photo or video, and/or prize information in connection with the Contest for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law. Winner accepts and acknowledges that Sponsor shall not be obligated to use the Submission and that Sponsor in its sole discretion shall have the right to refrain from using the Submission. Sponsor and the Released Parties (as defined in Section 11 below) shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor choose to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder. Winner will indemnify Sponsor, Released Parties and any licensee of Sponsor against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms. Sponsor reserves the right not to award the stated number of prizes if, in its sole discretion, it determines that it does not have a sufficient number or quality of qualified entries, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
1 GRAND PRIZE: A check for $5,000 that may be used toward education. Winner may transfer the prize to a family member or other person but is responsible for the tax liability on accepting the prize. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of this prize: $5,000.
3 FIRST PRIZES: A check for $1,000 that may be used toward education. Winner may transfer the prize to a family member or other person but is responsible for the tax liability on accepting the prize. ARV of this prize: $1,000.
No substitution, exchange or transfer of prize by any winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize for one of equal or greater value. Each winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Limit: 1 prize per person.
9. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s consent for the Sponsor and its designees to use entrant's name, Submission, photo, video, likeness, city and state of residence, prize information, video, voice, any comments, testimonials or other feedback related to prize or Contest experience, whether written or oral, for promotional purposes in any media without further consideration.
10. General Conditions: If for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by virus, bugs, worms, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, may corrupt or affect the administration, operation, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, and select a winner or winners, from the entries received prior to the action taken or in other such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other Contest, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Release and Limitations of Liability: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Contest, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless The Coca‑Cola Company, Coca‑Cola bottlers, DeCA, AAFES, MCX, NEXCOM, Móndelez Global, LLC, Twitter, Inc., Instagram, LLC, HelloWorld, Inc., and their respective related companies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective agents and agencies, promotional partners, prize partners, and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or use of the prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing or judging of Submissions; (e) late, lost, or undeliverable mail; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or use or misuse of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
12. Disputes: Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action against Sponsor or Administrator arising out of or connected with this Contest or its associated winner selection and/or notification shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest and Contest Administration, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
14. Winner List: For a winner list, visit https://bit.ly/2VH4HRd. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete at end of Contest.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter, Inc. or Instagram LLC.